A new eSports business symposium has been announced today by ESL UK and eSports Insider joining forces. The event is actually only a couple of weeks away at the Arena Birmingham held on the 24th May. This is the day before the quarter-finals of the ESL One Birmingham.
Whoever will be going will be able to attend networking events before, during and after the main conference programme. Whoever is going to ESI Birmingham will also get Special Guest passes to the ESL One Dota 2 Major. These are already sold out. Not only that, the guest passes will give you a behind-the-scenes tour of the arena.
The symposium will feature four panels and an opening keynote by James Dean, UK managing director at ESL and Mark Broom, UK Client Computing Marketing Manager at Intel. The opening keynote, “Together as One”, will look at explaining the ins and outs of the Intel and ESL partnership, where it’s going and how instrumental it has been in shaping current UK esports.
During the panels at the event they will go into more detail and cover:
- UK esports: the land of opportunity
- Speakers: Dr Florian Block, Research Fellow at Digital Creativity Labs, University of York and Ben Woodward, Co-Founder of Code Red Esports
- Understanding the esports demographic
- Speakers: Jurre Pannekeet, Head of Esports at Newzoo, Kirsty Endfield, Founder and Director of Swipe Right PR and Dan Matson, Director at AMP Global Media
- Where is the revenue: marketing, advertising, VC and sponsorships
- Speaker: Mathew Kemp, Senior Product Manager at Jagex Ltd
- Community: the lifeblood of all things gaming
- Speaker: to be announced soon
James Dean, UK Managing Director at ESL has this to say:
“ESI Birmingham is a fantastic addition to the ESL One Birmingham lineup, ESL One Birmingham is the first Dota 2 Major and ESL One event to be held in the UK, and proof that the UK esports scene is continuing to grow in importance and influence worldwide. We have a huge audience of young, tech-savvy esports fans, and ESI Birmingham showcases the many opportunities available for UK businesses to reach them. Whatever your background, this is the time to experience the full potential of the esports industry.”
Sam Cooke, managing director at Esports Insider, added: “We’ve been hosting esports business focused events for some time now and witnessed the growing appetite to understand more about the industry. The UK is the 5th largest gaming market and 2nd largest media market in the world, the sold-out ESL One Birmingham event is a fine demonstration of the vast potential for esports and businesses in the UK.”
“We’ve been keen to work more closely with ESL UK for some time, and with ESL One Birmingham, the fastest selling Dota 2 Major, this seemed the perfect opportunity!”
More details on the event will be announced at a later date but you are able to register now over at Eventbrite.